OBAGI CLENZIderm M.D. has been around for many years and is often a solution that dermatologist prescribe to acne sufferers who have the common skin condition called acne (acne vulgaris), hormonal acne and mild to severe acne due to the way this system penetrates oily and dry skin.
This Therapeutic Acne system is aimed at sensitive and oily skin types which generally is teenage acne to early adult acne (up to the age of 27).
You will see my results from using Normal to Oily on my oily acne prone skin and whether I would use this acne treatment again below.
M.D. Acne Therapeutic System for Normal to Dry Skin Review
OBAGI’s Acne Therapeutic System has 3 treatments for treating mild-severe acne.
Daily care cream cleanser is the first in the order and is just for cleansing you skin morning and night. The difference compared to Normal to Oily Daily foaming cleanser is this one makes skin feel less oily, smooth and softly cleansed. (My skin felt surprisingly calm, fresh and I was shocked how smooth it became).
Second is the Therapeutic lotion which as you can see is also part of the OBAGI CLENZIderm Normal to Oily set for acne. This is because the Therapeutic Lotion is extremely useful against acne and uses Benzoyl Peroxide crystals for pores. Therapeutic lotion number 2 is one of the most effective acne treatments that I have ever used.
Therapeutic moisturizer is a moisturizer that is used to prevent skin drying out but without causing acne breakouts. This moisturizer lasts a long time; I still have 1 still unopened.
Treats acne fast within a couple of days, skin feel soft and clean after use and Therapeutic lotion works fast. Moisturizer really helps and much better to use than other oily moisturizers that cause acne breakouts.
Very easy to read instructions, easy to use and comes with cotton pads. Benzoyl Peroxide used in this Therapeutic Lotion is 5% which is not to powerful but not mild. A quote from my dermatologist about this system was “The Benzoyl Peroxide is broken down into tiny crystals, so it can penetrate deep into pores and into the root of acne.”. It is not like any other.
Cons: Mild stinging of acne areas in the first days or if applied to much but skin adapts within a week. Also the price of OBAGI directly ranges from $130-150 RPG which is fairly expensive. See where I get mine from almost half price by clicking here.
How OBAGI CLENZIderm Helped My Oily Skin?
If you’re like me, a real person who has had enough of Pimples, blackheads, painful spots and scars, then you’re reading the right Review. My skin is everything to me as it is the first part of my body people see and get to know so having acne was a real annoyance, especially in my teenage years.
Unfortunately, acne is looked at being dirty and unhygienic which is completely the opposite. My face was probably cleaner than the people who judged me! CLENZIderm MD Normal to Dry personally is my favorite acne treatment I have ever used.
This is because I gained results within the first couple of days of usage on my incredible oily skin. I noticed that inflammation, pimple redness and blackheads were the first to go. My skin felt calm, smooth and my friends/parents noticed. Here’s a way to get amazing results for all skin types. Here’s The Super Acne Remover.
By adding the Pore Therapy into Normal to Dry you can help heal skin whilst removing blackheads. Pore Therapy from the CLENZIderm M.D. Normal To Oily set contains 2% salicylic acid which is quite frankly what Normal to Dry is needs. Salyclic acid like Benzoyl Peroxide, is a well known acne treatment because it removes dead skin cells, unblocks pores and breaks down acne breakouts.
Combining these two together and using properly in this system, completely reduces acne and fast, no matter how bad or severe. I am a HAPPY customer and it would make me happier to make someone change their life too.
My Video Review from Using the OBAGI CLENZIderm Lotions
How to Use for Best Results 1= Cream Cleanser 2=Pore Therapy 3= Therapeutic Lotion 4= Therapeutic Moisturizer Use in this order. AM
- Daily Cream Cleanser is to be used on face that has been wet with warm water. Gently apply a small blob on fingertips and massage in being careful with nails. Rinse off with cold water for best results, wait 15 minutes before applying next therapy. (Personally I feel that using more works better for this step and it comes in a big bottle so don’t worry about running out.)
- Number 2 is Pore Therapy labelled purple. This system comes with cotton pads for appyling the pore therapy. (I recommend a few drops then dab face using the cotton pads for best results)
- Therapeutic lotion is to be applied to skin only in the first 4 weeks in mornings depending on results. Use at least 1-2 squirts then apply to a dry face. (Sometimes doing this before a shower can make skin dry up and feel like its burning, I don’t recommend this)
- Only apply moisturizer if skin is dry and skin is visibly flaking. (I prefer to not use the moisturizer when I can because when used regularly I found that it was giving me small breakouts. Only use when needed on dry skin, that what it’s for.
- A dime sized blob or two on fingertips from Daily Cream Cleanser to acne prone skin. Massaging skin gently till applied evenly and absorbed. First using warm water wet face then rinse off with cold water.
- Then grab your Therapeutic Lotion (number 2) and apply to acne area until absorbed into skin. (Like before) For best results keeping rubbing in to skin gently with one finger until its absorbed into skin.
- Don’t use moisturizer unless excessive dry skin occurs.
So that is it, if you’re looking for an acne treatment system that really works well then I recommend you try OBAGI’s acne system called Normal to Dry and add the Pore Therapy to use as recommended above. I get mine from Here as it much cheaper and quick delivery. Alternatively see more reviews here at Amazon.
Do you suffer from acne too? What’s are your best and worse treatments that you have used? Share them to the community below.